Who are we?
The Office of Student Involvement Commuter Programs and Services (CPS) enhances DePaul as an urban university. CPS focuses specifically on the commuter population, which is defined as any student living off campus.
Commuter Advisory Board (CAB) is a student organization dedicated to bring commuters together. Our mission is to give commuters a chance to meet other commuter students and enhance campus life.
With the student focus of the Commuter Advisory Board (CAB), CPS addresses commuter issues, provides essential commuter services and offers various programs to increase commuter student engagement.
All students living off-campus qualify to be part of DePaul's Commuter Advisory Board as a member. It is easy to sign-up and this is a GREAT way for commuter students to be connected with DePaul.
CAB is dedicated to answer any questions and help assist students with:
- Parking Information
- UPass Assistance
- Metra Assistance
- Public Transportation
We can assist students with:
- Public transportation information about CTA/U-Pass, Metra and Pace.
- A limited number of 10 ride Metra tickets through the Metra Assistance Program.
- Off-Campus Housing Resources
- Approximately 87 percent of DePaul students live off campus
- CAB coordinates two housing fairs in the spring quarter
- CAB publishes an off campus guide to help students move into the city of Chicago.
- Campus Commuter Resources
- Student Centers provide lockers for $20/year
- Commuter meal plans
- Demon Express to pay for food on campus and get a discount at preferred vendors located near DePaul.
- Student Legal Services will review apartment leases for students living off campus at no charge.
CAB hosts social and educational events throughout the year to engage DePaul commuter students and build a DePaul community. Find our CAB events on Demon Direct.
- DePaul @
CAB hosts a DePaul @ event at a different venue or restaurant in the city about 2-3 times a quarter.
- Host events off campus
- Share a meal
- Meet other commuter students
- Comfort Zones
- Weekly on-campus outreach program during the winter quarter.
- Serve a bowl of soup and bread during a cold winter day.
- Family Weekend "L" Party
- A signature educational program during the fall quarter
- Charter a CTA train for a private tour of the beautiful city of Chicago with DePaul families.
- Students and families to see and learn more about the city.